Here we go! The solution without any softwares to hide and show desktop application 😉.
- Open Terminal or iTerm.
- Goto desktop. Here is the code : “cd ~/desktop“.
- Now copy and paste this line of code :
- “defaults write com.apple.finder CreateDesktop false; killall Finder“
- Boom. All of your desktop icons are hidden now.
- To get back your desktop icons type this code:
- “defaults write com.apple.finder CreateDesktop true; killall Finder“
Well, that’s all. Really easy right?
But what if you really don’t want to open terminal and type these codes. Well, here is what you can do.
- Download this HideShow.app file and drag it to application folder as shown in image bellow.
- Now press “Command”+”space” to open Spotlight Search, and just type “hideshow“, every time you want to toggle desktop to show and hide. Or you can rename the app name and type it on spotlight search to toggle it.
Boom!!! Done. You can even create your own appName.app file too. Let me know if you want to know about it.
I have installed and use several free application which hides desktop but I really didn’t like it. So, I search on this topic and found these stuffs. It’s really helpful to me. I hope that this will help you too.
Like my blog please do share it.
🤘🤘🤘Thank you 🤘🤘🤘